Tomato Basil Minestrone
- 2 Tbsp. Fruity Single Estate Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, cubed
- 1 carrot, cubed
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 1 celery stalk, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 large can chopped tomatoes
- 1 small can mixed beans
- 1 cup of your favourite small shaped pasta
- 1 large bunch fresh basil, chopped
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot.
- Add onion, carrot, zucchini and celery and cook for 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and stir well. Add salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Add broth and tomatoes. Add mixed beans.Bring to a boil and add pasta. Cook 15-20 minutes or until pasta is cooked through.
- Stir in basil and top with parmesan cheese and additional Olive Oil.