Thai Carrot and Coconut soup
- 2 -3 Tbsp. Garlic Olive Oil (plus more for drizzling)
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 – 1" cube piece of ginger, minced
- 3-4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 4-6 cups vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 can coconut milk
- Heat the Garlic Olive Oil in a large soup pot.
- Add the onion and ginger and stir.
- Add the carrots and the sweet potato. Stir and add the broth to cover carrots and sweet potato. Add the salt, pepper, coriander, cumin and curry. Stir.
- Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until carrots and sweet potato are cooked through. Run a hand blender in the soup until very smooth (or put in blender and blend until smooth and then return to soup pot and heat). Stir in the coconut milk, and stir well.
- Serve in bowls with a drizzle of Garlic Olive Oil on top.