Savoury Tuscan Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and cubed.
- 1/2 sweet onion (yellow onion)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled but left whole
- 1 small apple, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup Tuscan Herb Olive Oil, divided
- salt and pepper
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- (optional) 2 Tbsp Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic
- 4 Seed bread croutons (see note) or your favourite croutons
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place squash, onion, garlic, apple, and 1/4 cup Tuscan Herb Olive oil on a large baking sheet. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast in oven for 40 mins, or until squash is cooked through.
- Transfer to a large soup pot and add broth, plus remaining Tuscan Herb Olive Oil.
- Bring to a simmer for 15 minutes. Turn off heat and use a hand blender (or blender) to blend until smooth.
- Serve with croutons and drizzle with Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic is desired.
Note: to make croutons, cube some 4 -Seed (or your favourite grain bread) and drizzle with your favourite olive oil (this works wonderfully with Tuscan Herb or Garlic Olive Oil), salt and pepper, and bake until bread begins to brown and crisp. Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container.