Creamy Broccoli Soup
- 2 Tbsp Garlic Olive Oil
- ½ sweet onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 4 cups fresh or frozen broccoli
- 6 – 8 cups vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup 35% cream
- extra garlic olive oil for drizzling
- cheddar cheese to garnish
- Heat Garlic Olive Oil in a large soup pot or Dutch oven. Add the onion and celery and stir. Cook until onion and celery begin to soften. Add the broccoli and broth, and salt and pepper. Let soup simmer until broccoli is softened.
- Place the soup in a blender and blend until smooth, then pour back in the pot. (Or use an immersion blender in the pot and blend until smooth.)
- Heat soup back up on low heat and add the cream and stir until combined. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with an extra drizzle of Garlic Olive Oil and cheddar cheese slices or shredded on top.