Lemon and Red Apple Salad with Grilled Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked (grilled or poached) and cubed into bite sized pieces – see Note
- 8 cups lettuce (use your favourite mix!)
- 1 apple, cored and cubed
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- ½ cucumber, cubed
- ½ red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/8 cup Lemon Olive Oil
- 1/8 cup Red Apple Balsamic
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Place lettuce on the bottom of two plates. Top with the veggies, the apple cubes and the chicken.
- In a small bowl whisk the Lemon Olive Oil, Red Apple Balsamic, mustard, and salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing on the salad and top with the crumbled feta cheese.
Note: to grill chicken quickly with minimal effort, place the breasts in a medium freezer bag and add a splash of Red Apple Balsamic and a splash of Lemon Olive Oil with some salt and pepper and some minced garlic. Close the bag and be sure to “smoosh” the chicken around in the bag so it is all covered in the marinade. Grill on the barbecue or an indoor grill.