Italian Kale and Quinoa Salad
- 1 bunch kale, chopped finely
- 2 carrots, shredded or made into “ribbons” (see notes)
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- (Optional- 1-2 tsp Red Cayenne Olive Oil) (see notes)
- Combine Kale, carrots, green onions, sun dried tomatoes, cooked quinoa and Parmesan cheese in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk Tuscan Herb Olive Oil and Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the dressing to the kale and mix until combined. Top with toasted pine nuts.
- Notes: To make carrot ribbons, run a vegetable peeler down the length of the carrot. Keep peeling the flesh of the carrot while turning the carrot to make even, thin ribbons. If you prefer a spicy salad add the 1-2 tsp Red Cayenne Olive Oil to the dressing.