Hearty Summer Veggie Dinner Salad
- 4-5 cups fresh leaf lettuce
- ¼ cup chick peas, drained and rinsed
- a handful fresh green beans, blanched until bright green (see Note)
- 1 small zucchini, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 hard-boiled egg, quartered
- 1 small tomato, quartered
- grilled new potatoes, halved or quartered, depending on how small they are
- ½ avocado, cubed
- ¼ cup or so cubed fresh mozzarella
- fresh basil, chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp. Basil Olive Oil
- 2-3 Tbsp. 18-Year-Old Traditional Balsamic
- salt and pepper
- On a plate, arrange the lettuce so that it covers the plate.
- Top with chick peas, green beans, zucchini, egg, tomato, potatoes, avocado, mozzarella, and basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk Olive Oil, Traditional Balsamic, salt and pepper and then drizzle on top of salad.
- Note: To black green beans, place a large bowl of cold water on the counter, and add ice.
- Set aside. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add salt and place beans inside. Boil until beans turn bright green. Quickly place beans in ice water until cooled, and then drain.