Lemon Zucchini Tots
- 2 small zucchini, grated
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ¼ cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- a small bunch of fresh basil, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Lemon Olive Oil for “frying”
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brush a baking sheet with lemon olive oil. Set aside.
- Place the grated zucchini in a small strainer and add a pinch of salt. Toss so that salt is fully incorporated in all the zucchini. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients to a medium bowl, and stir together.
- Transfer the zucchini to a clean, dry dish towel and squeeze to ring out all liquid. Add to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir to combine… if the mixture is too dry, add a little water. If it is too wet, add a little more bread crumbs.
- Form the mixture into tater tots and place on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle the tots with more Lemon Olive Oil and bake for 10 minutes. Flip over and bake another 10 minutes or until the tots are golden brown and cooked through.