Summer Lemon Pesto and Ricotta Pasta
- 1 package spaghetti
- 1/3 cup Single Estate Olive Oil
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 2 cups fresh baby arugula
- juice of 1/2 lemon (fresh squeezed)
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- salt and pepper
- Boil spaghetti to al dente in a large pot of salted boiling water
- In the meantime, place the basil, arugula, lemon juice, almonds, garlic, 1/4 cup olive oil, salt, pepper and 1/2-3/4 parmesan cheese in a food processor and process until pesto forms. Add more oil if needed until desired consistency. Set aside.
- Heat the remainder of the olive oil in a large saucepan and add tomatoes. Cook until they just begin to soften. Add salt and pepper.
- Turn down heat and carefully add the pesto to the tomatoes, then add the ricotta. Stir and set aside until spaghetti is cooked.
- Add sauce to pasta and toss to coat well. Add salt and pepper and the remainder of the parmesan cheese.