Neapolitan Herb Meat Sauce
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 Tbsp red Cayenne olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ Cup Neapolitan Herb Dark Balsamic
- 2 large cans of tomato passata or crushed tomatoes
- 1 large bunch fresh basil, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
- Heat a large sauce pan or Dutch oven and add ground beef. Cook the meat until no longer pink and it begins to brown and caramelize. Add the Red Cayenne Olive Oil and stir.
- Add onion and cook 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic and oregano and stir well.
- Add the tomato paste and the Neapolitan Herb Dark Balsamic and stir well.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Let simmer on the stove top for 15-20 minutes.
Toss with your favourite pasta, or for a special treat, use as a “sloppy Joe” filling between two slices of your favourite bread!