Lemon Risotto with Garlic Shrimp
- 6 Cups Broth, heated in a sauce pan
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- ¼ cup Dry White Wine
- 1 Bay leaf
- Zest from one lemon
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup butter
- 16 Shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 2 Tbsp Garlic Olive Oil
- In a sauce pan, bring broth to a simmer.
- In a large pan heat the Lemon Olive Oil and add the onion, stirring until onion is softened, about 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and the rice. Stir the rice until the kernels just begin to turn translucent and add the white wine. Stir until the wine has evaporated. Add the bay leaf.
- Now, a ladle at a time, begin adding the broth, stirring in between additions until broth evaporates and repeat until the risotto reaches desired consistency. This should take 20-22 minutes. (The rice should be “creamy” with a little bite still left to it). Add the lemon zest, salt and pepper, and stir until combined. Take the risotto off the heat and add the butter. Stir it in until completely melted.
- At the same time, heat Garlic Olive Oil in a pan and add the shrimp, salt and pepper and cook until shrimp turns pink and begins to curl. Set aside but keep warm.
- Divide the risotto in between four serving bowls and top with shrimp.