Spicy Vegetarian Lentil Stew
- 1 tbsp Red Cayenne Olive Oil
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 small sweet potato, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cooked or canned lentils, any kind
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp Dark Chocolate Balsamic to drizzle
- Heat Red Cayenne Olive Oil in a soup pot and add the onion, celery, sweet potato, and carrot. Stir and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes, lentils, garlic, chili powder and cumin and vegetable broth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer the stew for about 20 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender.
- Serve over rice, cauliflower rice, or quinoa.
- Drizzle with Dark Chocolate Balsamic.