Spicy Summer Veggie Pasta
- 3-4 Tbsp Red Cayenne Chili Olive Oil (depending on how much spice you want)
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 zucchini cut into bite size pieces
- 1 eggplant, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 bell pepper, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can tomato passata, or tomato sauce
- a large bunch of basil
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb of your favourite small cut pasta (penne, rigatoni or fusilli)
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente.
- Meanwhile Heat the Red Cayenne Olive Oil in a large sauce pan and add onions. Saute until onion begins to soften, 2-3 minutes.
- Add zucchini, eggplant and bell pepper. Stir and cook for 4-5 minutes or until veggies just begin to soften.
- Add the garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Add the tomato passata (or sauce), the basil, salt and pepper. Cook on the stovetop, stirring occasionally for 10-15 minutes. Taste for seasoning. Add salt and pepper if needed.
- Toss with pasta, and top with parmesan cheese. Serve hot.