Spicy Moroccan Vegetarian Stew
- 2 Tblsp Harissa Olive Oil
- 1 Tblsp Garlic Olive oil
- ½ Cup large onion, chopped
- 2 medium size sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 10-12 dried apricots, cut into fours
- ½ cup raisins (or dried currants)
- 1 can drained and rinsed chick peas
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp Cayenne
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups puréed tomatoes
- Chopped cilantro
- Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic to drizzle (or lemon juice)
- Heat the Harissa and Garlic Olive Oils in a medium Dutch oven (a med. Sauce pan works too!). Add the onion and the sweet potatoes and sauté on med heat until the onions begin to soften and the potatoes begin to brown around their edges. Add the minced garlic, and stir until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the apricots, raisins (or currants) and chick peas. Add the spices and stir for 1-2 minutes. Add the broth and the puréed tomatoes. Stir and bring to a boil, then turn down heat to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer for about 20-30minutes until the potatoes are soft and the stew has reduced and thickened.
- Serve over prepared couscous or brown rice.
- Sprinkle the cilantro on top and then drizzle with additional Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic.