- 1 fresh chicken, patted dry
- 2-3 lemons, cut into chunks
- 3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 sprig of sage
- salt and pepper
- a really good single estate olive oil (I use a medium to bold one)
- Stuff the chicken with the lemons, garlic cloves, rosemary, thyme, and sage. Place the chicken in a roasting pan. Rub the Single Estate olive oil all over the chicken making sure every bit of the chicken is rubbed. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. See note.
- Roast according to how large your chicken is: 30 minutes/lb in a 325 degree F oven.
- You may cover the chicken with aluminum foil for the first half hour or so, then remove wrap and let the chicken roast until golden brown. Remove the lemons and herbs, and carve to serve.