Pea and Ham Pasta
- 1 package small cut pasta such as penne, or rotini
- 2 Tbsp. medium strength Single Estate Olive Oil
- ½ large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 slices ham (left over baked ham is best but any ham will do), cubed
- 1 cup full fat cream
- 1 cup of your favourite herb and garlic cream cheese
- 2 cups left over peas or frozen peas, defrosted.
- salt and pepper
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions or until al dente.
- Meanwhile in a large saucepan heat the Olive Oil and add the onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes and add garlic. Stir and add the ham, salt, and lots of pepper!
- Slowly stir in the cream and cream cheese until the cream cheese is just melted. Add the peas and stir just to heat.
- Toss with pasta and serve with an additional drizzle of Olive Oil and parmesan cheese.