Pasta with Tuscan Herb Vegetarian Bolognese
- 1 bag pasta
- ¼ cup Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- ½ red onion, diced very small
- 2 stalks celery, diced very small
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms, diced very small
- 2 large carrots, scrubbed and diced very small
- 1 garlic clove, minced finely
- 2 Tbsp Dark Espresso Balsamic
- ½ small can tomato paste
- ½ cup red or white wine (traditional Bolognese is made with white wine, but red wine adds richness and “meatiness” to this vegetarian sauce)
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water.
- In the meantime, heat the Tuscan Herb Olive Oil in a large sauce pot. Add the onion, celery, mushrooms, carrots and garlic. Add salt and pepper. Cook until all vegetables are softened. Add the Espresso Balsamic and cook until all liquid has evaporated and veggies begin to brown. Add the tomato paste, wine and chopped tomatoes. Cook for 10 minutes. Add the milk and stir.
- Stir in fresh parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add to the pasta and then sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle with additional Tuscan Herb Olive Oil.