Leek, Pear & Prosciutto Pizza
- 1 pizza dough ball or your favourite flat bread base
- ½ Cup Garlic Olive Oil, divided
- 1 leek, sliced thinly (washed, rinsed and dried) – see Note
- 1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- Small bunch fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 6-8 slices prosciutto
- 1 small pear, sliced thinly
- 2 Tbsp Cinnamon Pear Dark Balsamic
- Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees F.
- Drizzle some Garlic Olive Oil on a large baking pan or pizza pan. Set aside.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of the Garlic Olive Oil in a frying pan over medium heat and add the leeks. Cook the leeks until they soften. Add salt and pepper. Spoon leeks into a small bowl and set aside.
- In same pan, heat up 2 Tbsp Garlic Olive Oil and add the mushrooms. Cook the mushrooms until they are browned and caramelized and all liquid has evaporated from the pan. Spoon mushrooms into a small bowl and set aside.
- Stretch and roll the dough ball out onto the prepared cookie sheet or pizza pan. Or if using a flatbread base place on the baking sheet. Drizzle the dough with some Garlic Olive Oil and then top with the leeks and mushrooms. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until the edges begin to brown and dough is cooked through. Or if using a flatbread base until the parmesan is melted and the flatbread is heated through.
- In the meantime cut prosciutto slices in half lengthwise. Set aside.
- Once the pizza/flatbread is out of the oven place “ribbons” of prosciutto on top and then evenly place pear slices. Top with more parmesan cheese and drizzle with Cinnamon Pear Dark Balsamic.
- Slice and Serve.
Note: to properly clean leeks, fill a large bowl with cold water. Take the tough green ends off the leeks and then slice length wise. Then slice crosswise into desired size and place in the cold water. Leave in the water for 10 mins or so. The leeks will float and any grit will fall to the bottom. Carefully spoon out and dry thoroughly.