Mushroom and Sage Rotini with Tomato and Spinach
- 1 lb rotini pasta (this recipe is very good with whole wheat rotini!)
- ¼ cup Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- salt and pepper
- a bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup ricotta
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until all liquid evaporates. Add the garlic and stir for a minute. Add the tomatoes, and the spinach and stir until spinach begins to wilt. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Take sauce off heat and stir in the ricotta and fresh basil. Toss with pasta and top with Parmesan cheese and serve.