Mushroom and Sage Risotto
- ¼ cup Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Cups Arborio rice
- ½ Cup red wine
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 6-8 Cups warmed up broth (use vegetable broth for a vegetarian option)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- a handful of Parmesan cheese
- Heat the broth in a sauce pan and leave to simmer on the stove while preparing risotto.
- Heat the Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil in a large pot. Add the onion and stir until onion begins to soften. Add the minced garlic cloves and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Add the rice all at once and stir. Once the rice becomes translucent add the wine and stir until the wine reduces by half. Add the tomato paste and stir unitl all the wine has evaporated.
- Add a large ladle of broth and stir until all the broth has evaporated. Continue to add the broth one ladle at a time until the rice reaches the desired consistency (it should be cooked through, but still firm in the centre). Stir every two minutes or so. This takes around 20-23 minutes.
- Take the risotto off the heat and stir in the butter. Add the parmesan cheese.
- Serve with a drizzle of Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil and more parmesan cheese if desired.