Maple Mustard Ham
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1 Ham (about 3-4 lbs)
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp Garlic Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Maple Dark Balsamic
- Dash of nutmeg
- Dash of cinnamon
- Zest and juice of one orange
- salt and pepper
- Pour the 1/4 cup of water in bottom of a slow cooker. Place the ham in the water.
- Make small slits on the top and sides of the ham with a pairing knife.
- In a small bowl combine the Dijon mustard, the Garlic olive oil, the Maple dark balsamic, nutmeg, cinnamon, juice and zest of the orange, and the salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Pour half the sauce all over the ham.
- Cook in the slow cooker for 4-6 hours.
- Halfway through cooking time begin brushing the ham with the remaining sauce every half hour or so until done. Let the ham rest for 10 minutes, slice and serve.
Note: If extra sauce is desired double the recipe for the sauce and simmer half of it in a small sauce pan on a low simmer for about 5 minutes or until desired thickness and then drizzle on the sliced ham.