- 2 Tbsp Harissa olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 large cans of diced tomatoes
- 8 eggs
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large cast iron pan (or an oven proof frying pan) fry the onion in the Harissa Olive Oil until the onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic, curry, turmeric, cumin and tomato paste. Stir until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Make a “well” with the back of a spoon and carefully crack an egg in each well.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the eggs begin to turn white on the top. Do not overcook! The yolk should flow when broken into.
- Take pan out of oven and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot with naan bread (when serving take care to not break the eggs).