Spiced Gingerbread Olive Oil Crinkle Cookies
We used Blood Orange Olive Oil in them and topped them with a piece of Hummingbird Mayan chocolate for a kick of spice!
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup icing sugar for coating the dough balls
- In a large bowl, combine the egg and brown sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Add the olive oil and cream all of the ingredients together. Add the rest of the dry ingredients (minus the icing sugar) and stir to combine. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough into balls, about 1tbsp each, and thoroughly coat with icing sugar. Put the balls on a parchment lined cookie sheet and press each ball down to slightly flatten them.
- Bake in a 325F oven for 10 minutes.
- Place the cookies on a rack to cool and top with chocolate if desired. Not necessary but nice! They will firm up during this time.