Peach Upside Down Cake
- 3/4 cup Single Estate Olive Oil (medium strength), divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F.
Pour ¼ Cup of the olive oil into an ungreased 9-in. round baking pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange peach slices in single layer over sugar.
In a large bowl, cream sugar and remaining Olive oil until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Spoon over peaches. Top with almonds and pecans.
Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm.