Herbed “Crazy Bread”
- One loaf round, crusty bread, cut into slices both ways, but not all the way through, so as to form “cubes”.
- A large bunch of fresh mixed herbs, chopped
- Enough of your favourite Bold Single Estate Olive Oil to top the herbs
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Juice from one large lemon
- A pinch of dried chili flakes
- A bunch of fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
- Place the loaf of bread on an aluminum lined baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees C, or preheat the barbecue to med high.
- In a bowl, mix together the herbs, the Single Estate Olive Oil, the lemon juice, the garlic, the dried chili flakes, and the grated parmesan cheese.
- Now, carefully brush the herb mixture onto the “cubed” bread so that each “cube” is covered in the herb mixture.
- Cover the bread with aluminum foil and bake or grill on the barbecue for 5-7 minutes. Remove the tin foil from the loaf and bake or grill another 5-7 minutes. Serve warm.