Baked Zucchini Fritters
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 green onions
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 grated garlic clove
- a bunch of fresh oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch of Chilli flakes
- 1/2 cup Tuscan Herb Olive Oil (*use half in the bowl with all other ingredients and reserve the other half for later).
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Line a colander with a clean dish cloth
3. Shred zucchini and place in the lined colander. Sprinkle with salt (this will remove the moisture from the zucchini)
4. Let sit for 5 minutes. Gather dish cloth and squeeze out the water from the zucchini - it is important that you do not skip this step as these fritters will not form if there is any moisture.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. Stir all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Form into patties using 1/4 cup measure and place onto the lined baking sheet. (If patties don't form - add more bread crumbs until patties form).
7. Brush patties with the remaining Tuscan Herb Olive Oil.
8. Bake for 10 minutes. Flip your patties over and bake for another 10 minutes, or until golden brown.