Roasted Cream of Veggies Soup with Olive Oil Drizzle
- 2 Tbsp of your favourite single estate olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 cups of veggies from the fridge, chopped into bite size pieces (carrots, celery, bell pepper, zucchini, cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, potatoes, spinach or any combination you may have in the fridge)
- 18-Year Old Traditional Balsamic (enough to drizzle over the veggies when roasting them)
- enough vegetable broth to cover all veggies
- salt and pepper
- a good single estate olive oil, preferably bold, to drizzle on the top
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
On a baking sheet spread out all the veggies and drizzle with 18-Year Old Traditional Balsamic, salt and pepper. Toss to make sure all veggies are covered with the balsamic and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, tossing veggies half way through. Set aside.
Meanwhile in a pan, heat up the 2 Tbsp olive oil and add onion. Saute until onion is soft and translucent. Add garlic and stir. Add the roasted veggies, the broth and salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes and then blend with an emersion blender or in a blender.
Ladle into bowls and drizzle with a bold single estate olive oil.