Citrus Shaved Fennel Salad
- a bunch of mixed baby lettuce
- ½ fennel bulb, shaved
- One Granny Smith apple, sliced thinly
- ½ red onion, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup or so of toasted pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp Citrus Mint White Balsamic
- 2 Tbsp Blood Orange Olive Oil
- salt and pepper
- In a shallow serving bowl spread out the baby lettuce and sliced red onion. Top with the shaved fennel and apple, then the pine nuts.
- In a small bowl combine the Citrus Mint Balsamic and the Blood Orange Olive oil with salt and pepper. Whisk to combine and drizzle on top of the salad.
Serve as a side or add grilled chicken for a light lunch. Add chick peas or white cannellini beans for a vegetarian option.