Spicy Leftover Risotto Patties
- ¼ cup Butter Olive Oil
- 2-3 cups left over risotto (any flavour works with this recipe)
- 1 grated garlic clove
- ¼ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp Red Cayenne Olive Oil
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- a bunch of fresh Italian flat leaf parsley
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl mix risotto, garlic, bread crumbs, Red Cayenne Olive Oil, grated parmesan cheese, egg, dried oregano, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well and form into little patties (using a 1/8 or ¼ cup measure helps with keeping them a consistent size. Set aside.
- Heat the Butter Olive Oil in a large pan. Shallow fry the patties for about 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Serve with additional parmesan cheese grated on top, and if you wish, with your favourite marinara sauce.