Tuscan Caprese Chicken
Fig Balsamic Reduction:
- Place 1 cup Fig Balsamic in a small sauce pan
- Add 1 tsp Brown sugar and 1 tsp water (or red wine).
- Simmer for 5-7 minutes or until desired consistency. (mixture will thicken while it cools).
- Keep in the fridge for up to 3 days!
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- salt and pepper
- Fig Balsamic reduction
- Toss the tomato slices with the Tuscan Herb Olive Oil and salt and pepper. Place them on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, making sure they are in a single layer.
- Bake in 400 degree F oven for 15-20 minutes, or until their edges begin to brown.
- Drizzle with Fig Balsamic reduction.
- 2 Tbsp Tuscan Herb Olive oil
- 4 Chicken breasts, boneless
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Pound the chicken breasts so that each breast is an even thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place Tuscan Herb Olive Oil in a heated, oven proof fry pan and add the chicken breasts. Cook the chicken until it is browned on both sides.
- Add the chicken broth and cover for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Turn your oven’s broiler to “high”.
- Top the chicken breasts with the mozzarella cheese and then the tomatoes.
- Place the pan in the oven under the broiler for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese begins to melt.
Garlic Parmesan Tagliatelle:
- 1 lb Tagliatelle (or fettuccine)
- ¼ cup Garlic Olive Oil
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- a bunch of fresh, chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions and toss with oil, parmesan, parsley and pepper.
To serve, scoop pasta on plates, then top with the chicken and drizzle with additional Tuscan Herb Olive Oil and Fig Balsamic reduction.