Roasted Squash Stuffed with Harissa Chick Pea Stew
- 1 Acorn squash, halved and roasted, and set aside
- ¼ Cup Harissa Olive Oil
- ½ Onion, chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, grated or minced
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup tomato paste
- ½ cup veggie broth
- 1 large can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- Fresh cilantro
- Scoop the flesh out of one half of the acorn squash and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Heat the Harissa Olive Oil in a large sauce pan. Add the onion and stir for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and stir. Add the tomato paste, broth and chick peas and stir to combine. Simmer for 15-20 minutes on low heat. Add the scooped squash and stir.
- Carefully spoon the stew into the remaining squash half and bake for 15 minutes in a 350 F. degree oven.
- Top with fresh chopped cilantro.
- (this will serve two)