Blackberry Ginger Pineapple Chicken
- 1 lb chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- ½ cup flour
- salt and pepper
- enough mild single estate olive oil to shallow fry chicken
- 2-3 Tbsp Garlic Olive Oil
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- ½ onion, sliced
- ½ fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 Tbsp. Red Cayenne Olive Oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 /4 Cup Blackberry Ginger Dark Balsamic
- 1-2 tsp corn starch
- In a medium size bowl, whisk Red Cayenne Olive Oil, chicken broth, pineapple juice, soy sauce, Dark Toasted Sesame Oil, Blackberry Ginger and corn starch. Set aside.
- Place the flour, salt and pepper in a large bowl and add the pieces of chicken. Toss together well to be sure each chicken piece is coated with the flour mixture.
- Heat enough single estate olive oil so that you can shallow fry the chicken. Shallow fry the chicken until golden brown and cooked through. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan heat the garlic olive oil and add the celery and onion and fry for a few minutes, until the celery just begins to soften. Add the Pineapple. Add the chicken and sauce. Simmer for 1-2 minutes until sauce begins to thicken. Serve on rice or rice noodles.