Pear and Brie Crostini
Place a slice of brie on each crostino (slice baguette into ¼” slices and drizzle with Single Estate Olive Oil, salt and pepper and bake until bread begins to crisp - do not over bake! Let cool completely).
Top with poached pears (see note) and drizzle with thickened poaching liquid.
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup cinnamon pear balsamic
- ¼ cup red wine
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 star anise
- a splash vanilla
- 3 -4 pears, sliced or cubed
- In a medium sauce pan, heat the brown sugar, cinnamon pear balsamic, red wine, butter, cinnamon sticks, star anise and vanilla and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sliced pears and stir well so every slice is coated with liquid. Simmer for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until pears just begin to soften.
- Take the pot off the heat and let the pears steep in the liquid for 10-15 minutes.
- Take the pears out of the liquid and set aside.
- Put the liquid back on the heat and bring back to a simmer stirring occasionally until the liquid thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Take off the heat.
- Take the cinnamon sticks and the star anise out and discard.